In Lok Sabha, the Motion of Thanks to the President's Address concluded with a response from the Prime Minister.
The additional Maharashtra Budget was presented by Mr. Sudhir Mungantiwar, Finance Minister, on June 18, 2019.
Some key highlights:
- The Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) of Maharashtra for 2019-20 (at current prices) is estimated to be Rs 29,79,556 crore. This is 12% higher than the revised estimate for 2018-19.
- Total expenditure for 2019-20 is estimated to be Rs 4,04,794 crore, an 8.5% increase over the revised estimate of 2018-19.
- Total receipts (excluding borrowings) for 2019-20 are estimated to be Rs 3,16,930 crore, an increase of 9.8% as compared to the revised estimate of 2018-19.
- Revenue deficit for 2019-20 is targeted at Rs 20,293 crore, or 0.68% of the Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP). Fiscal deficit is targeted at Rs 61,670 crore (2.07% of GSDP).
- The sectors of rural development (62%), water supply, sanitation, housing and urban development (26%), and education (25%) saw the highest increase in allocations.
The budget analysis can be read here.
Last week, the newly elected Members of Parliament of the 17th Lok Sabha made and subscribed their oaths/affirmations. We have collected data on the oath/affirmation making process in previous Lok Sabhas.
- According to Article 99 of the Indian Constitution, every member of either Houses of Parliament is required to make and subscribe to an oath or affirmation before taking his seat.
- The member makes and subscribes an oath or affirmation according to the form prescribed in the Third Schedule to the Constitution.
- This procedure can be made and subscribed in English or any of the 22 languages specified in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution.
- In the 16th Lok Sabha, 474 members made and subscribed to an oath whereas 39 members made an affirmation. 193 members made their oath/affirmation in Hindi, 109 members made it in English, and 38 members read the oath/affirmation form in Marathi.
- In the 15th Lok Sabha, 87 members made an affirmation and 455 members made an oath.
- In the 15th Lok Sabha, 17 out of the 22 prescribed languages in the Eighth Schedule were used to make and subscribe an oath /affirmation. 235 members made their oath /affirmation in Hindi, 100 members read the form in English, and 40 members made it in Tamil.