- IntroducedLok SabhaNov 23, 2011Gray
- ReferredStanding CommitteeJan 05, 2012Gray
- ReportStanding CommitteeMay 14, 2012Gray
- The Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Amendment Bill, 2011 was introduced in the Lok Sabha by the Minister of Urban Development, Kamal Nath on November 23, 2011.
- The Bill amends the Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Act, 1971. The Act provides for the eviction of unauthorised occupants from public premises, including those of government companies and corporations.
- The Bill redefines ‘public premises’ to include companies in which at least fifty one percent of the paid-up share capital is held by the central and state governments, and which carries on the business of metro railway.