Human Resource Development
- IntroducedRajya SabhaApr 16, 2010Gray
- ReferredStanding CommitteeApr 22, 2010Gray
- ReportStanding CommitteeJun 28, 2010Gray
- PassedRajya SabhaAug 25, 2011Gray
- PassedLok SabhaSep 02, 2011Gray
- The National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill, 2010 was introduced in the Rajya Sabha on April 16, 2010. The Bill was referred to the Standing Committee on Human Resource Development, which is scheduled to submit its report within two months.
- The Bill seeks to amend the National Council for Teacher Education Act, 1993, which establishes a National Council for Teacher Education to develop a teacher education system in the country.
- The Bill seeks to regulate institutions, schools and teachers. The provisions of this Bill shall also apply to teachers in institutions and schools providing pre-primary, primary, upper-primary, secondary, and senior secondary or intermediate education.
- The Council has the power to determine the qualifications of teachers who will be recruited to teach in pre-primary, primary, upper-primary, secondary, and senior secondary or intermediate schools and colleges recognised by the central, state or any other authority.