- IntroducedLok SabhaDec 07, 2011Gray
- PassedLok SabhaDec 19, 2011Gray
- PassedRajya SabhaDec 22, 2011Gray
- The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2011 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on December 7, 2011 by the Minister of Tribal Affairs Shri V. Kishore Chandra Deo.
- The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order specifies the tribal and tribal communities who are deemed to be Scheduled Tribes.
- The Bill amends Part X of the Order which specifies the Scheduled Tribes in Manipur. It also amends Part XVIII of the Order which specifies the Scheduled Tribes in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Bill amends Part X of the Order by substituting (i) “Kabui Inpui, Rongmei” for “Kabui” (ii) “Kacha Naga, Liangmai, Zeme for “Kacha Naga”; and (iii) “Koirao, Thangal” for “Koirao”. It also inserts a new entry for granting Scheduled Tribe status to the “Mate” tribal community”.
- The Bill also amends Part XVIII of the Order by substituting the tribe “Galo” for “Galong”.
Dec 16, 2011