Law and Justice
- IntroducedLok SabhaApr 24, 2015Gray
- PassedLok SabhaMay 11, 2015Gray
- PassedRajya SabhaApr 27, 2016Gray
- The Appropriation Acts (Repeal) Act, 2015, was introduced in Lok Sabha on April 24, 2015 by the Minister of Law and Justice, Mr. Sadananda Gowda.
- The Statement of Objects and Reasons of the Bill states that these laws have ceased to be in force after one year of their enactment, and are hence obsolete.
- The Bill seeks to repeal 758 Appropriation Acts, including Appropriation Acts for the railways, passed during the period of 1950-2012.
- Of the 758 acts, 111 state appropriation acts enacted by Parliament during 1950 to 1976 are to be repealed.