- IntroducedLok SabhaJul 25, 2019
- PassedLok SabhaJul 29, 2019
- PassedRajya SabhaAug 02, 2019
- The Repealing and Amending Bill, 2019 was introduced in Lok Sabha on July 25, 2019 by the Minister of Law and Justice, Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad. The Bill seeks to repeal 68 Acts in whole and makes minor amendments to two other laws.
- Repealing certain laws in whole: The Bill repeals 68 laws that have been listed in the First Schedule of the Bill. These include: (i) the Beedi Workers Welfare Fund Act, 1976, and (ii) the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2001.
- Amendment of certain laws: The Bill makes minor amendments to two Acts which relate to substitution of certain words. The two Acts are: (i) the Income Tax Act, 1961, and (ii) the India Institutes of Management Act, 2017.
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information. You may choose to reproduce or redistribute this report for non-commercial purposes in part or in full to any other person with due acknowledgement of PRS Legislative Research (“PRS”). The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of the author(s). PRS makes every effort to use reliable and comprehensive information, but PRS does not represent that the contents of the report are accurate or complete. PRS is an independent, not-for-profit group. This document has been prepared without regard to the objectives or opinions of those who may receive it.