- IntroducedRajya SabhaSep 14, 2020
- PassedRajya SabhaSep 18, 2020
- PassedLok SabhaSep 21, 2020
- The Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2020 was introduced in Rajya Sabha on September 14, 2020. The Bill amends the Homoeopathy Central Council Act, 1973. The Act sets up the Central Council of Homoeopathy which regulates homoeopathic education and practice. The Bill replaces the Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020 which was promulgated on April 24, 2020.
- Period for the supersession of the Central Council: The 1973 Act was amended in 2018 to provide for the supersession of the Central Council of Homoeopathy. The Central Council was required to be reconstituted within one year from the date of its supersession. This period was amended in 2019 to require the reconstitution of the Central Council in two years. In the interim period, the central government constituted a Board of Governors, to exercise the powers of the Central Council. The Bill amends the Act to increase the period for the supersession of the Central Council from two years to three years.
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information. You may choose to reproduce or redistribute this report for non-commercial purposes in part or in full to any other person with due acknowledgement of PRS Legislative Research (“PRS”). The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of the author(s). PRS makes every effort to use reliable and comprehensive information, but PRS does not represent that the contents of the report are accurate or complete. PRS is an independent, not-for-profit group. This document has been prepared without regard to the objectives or opinions of those who may receive it.