- IntroducedLok SabhaJun 21, 2019Gray
- PassedLok SabhaJun 27, 2019Gray
- PassedRajya SabhaJul 02, 2019Gray
- The Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2019 was introduced in Lok Sabha by Mr. Shripad Yesso Naik, Minister of State, Ministry of AYUSH on June 21, 2019. It amends the Homoeopathy Central Council Act, 1973 and replaces the Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019 that was promulgated on March 2, 2019. The Act sets up the Central Council of Homoeopathy which regulates homoeopathic education and practice.
- Time period for supersession of the Central Council: The 1973 Act was amended in 2018 to provide for the supersession of the Central Council. The Central Council was required to be reconstituted within one year from the date of its supersession. In the interim period, the central government constituted a Board of Governors, to exercise the powers of the Central Council. The Bill amends the Act to increase the time period for supersession of the Central Council from one year to two years.
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information. You may choose to reproduce or redistribute this report for non-commercial purposes in part or in full to any other person with due acknowledgement of PRS Legislative Research (“PRS”). The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of the author(s). PRS makes every effort to use reliable and comprehensive information, but PRS does not represent that the contents of the report are accurate or complete. PRS is an independent, not-for-profit group. This document has been prepared without regard to the objectives or opinions of those who may receive it.