- IntroducedRajya SabhaJan 09, 2019Gray
- PassedRajya SabhaDec 12, 2019Gray
- PassedLok SabhaFeb 11, 2020Gray
- The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Second Amendment) Bill, 2019 was introduced in Rajya Sabha on January 9, 2019 by the Minister of Tribal Affairs, Mr. Jual Oram.
- The Constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order, 1950, specifies the tribal and tribal communities which are deemed to be Scheduled Tribes. The Bill amends Part VI of the Order which specifies the Scheduled Tribes in Karnataka.
- It amends the Order by substituting: (i) “Naikda, Nayaka” with “Naikda, Nayaka (including Parivara and Talawara)”, and (ii) “Siddi (in Uttar Kannada district)” with “Siddi (in Belagavi, Dharwad and Uttar Kannada districts)”.
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information. You may choose to reproduce or redistribute this report for non-commercial purposes in part or in full to any other person with due acknowledgement of PRS Legislative Research (“PRS”). The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of the author(s). PRS makes every effort to use reliable and comprehensive information, but PRS does not represent that the contents of the report are accurate or complete. PRS is an independent, not-for-profit group. This document has been prepared without regard to the objectives or opinions of those who may receive it.