Several members raised the issue of the functioning of CBI in Lok Sabha today. The House adjourned soon after due to disruptions.
Rajya Sabha remained adjourned for most of the day.
The Monthly Policy Review for the month of January can be read here.
Some key highlights:
- GDP estimated to grow at 7.2% in 2018-19, growth in earlier years revised.
- 124th Constitutional Amendment Bill passed by Parliament.
- Three Ordinances - Triple Talaq Ordinance, the Companies (Amendment) Ordinance, and the Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Ordinance have been re-promulgated.
- National Clean Air Programme for India released.
- CAG submits report on compliance of the FRBM Act by centre during 2016-17.
- Draft Emigration Bill released by Ministry of External Affairs.