- IntroducedLok SabhaJul 19, 2016Gray
- PassedLok SabhaJul 21, 2016Gray
- PassedRajya SabhaAug 01, 2016Gray
- The National Institutes of Technology, Science Education and Research (Amendment) Bill, 2016 was introduced in Lok Sabha by the Minister of Human Resource Development, Mr. Prakash Javadekar, on July 19, 2016.
- The Bill seeks to establish the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Andhra Pradesh as an institute of national importance under the National Institutes of Technology, Science Education and Research (NITSER) Act, 2007.
- The NIT will be deemed to have been an institute of national importance as on August 20, 2015. This is the day the central government approved its establishment.
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information. You may choose to reproduce or redistribute this report for noncommercial purposes in part or in full to any other person with due acknowledgement of PRS Legislative Research (“PRS”). The opinions expressed herein are entirely those of the author(s). PRS makes every effort to use reliable and comprehensive information, but PRS does not represent that the contents of the report are accurate or complete. PRS is an independent, not-for-profit group. This document has been prepared without regard to the objectives or opinions of those who may receive it.