- IntroducedRajya SabhaAug 05, 2010Gray
- ReferredStanding CommitteeSep 13, 2010Gray
- ReportStanding CommitteeNov 10, 2010Gray
- PassedRajya SabhaAug 03, 2011Gray
- PassedLok SabhaAug 18, 2011Gray
The Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (Amendment) Bill, 2010 was introduced in the Rajya Sabha on August 5, 2010. The Bill was referred to the Standing Committee on Health and Family Welfare, which is scheduled to submit its report by October 31, 2010.
- The Bill seeks amend the Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry Act, 2008, which declared it as an institution of national importance.
- Before the Act came into force, the institution was operating under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The Act gave its employees the option of remaining with the autonomous institution or opting out and remaining as a central government employee. The employees had to exercise this option within one year.
- The Bill extends this period to two and a half years and allows the employees who have already chosen an option to exercise it afresh.