| HRD / Labour / Health
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing Kancheepuram Bill, 2011
- The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Bill, 2011 was introduced in the Lok Sabha on August 5, 2011 to declare it as an institution of national importance by law.
- The Bill proposes that the institute shall be constituted as a body corporate which shall have a perpetual succession and a common seal with power.
- The Institute shall consist of a Chairperson, a Director and other members of the Board.
- The Institute shall exercise certain powers and functions. These include: to provide instruction and research in branches of engineering and technology, management, education, sciences, and arts and advancement of learning and dissemination of knowledge in such branches; to hold examination and grant degrees and distinctions; to fix, demand, and receive fees and other charges; to create administrative, technical, ministerial, academic and other posts with prior approval of the Central Government and to make such appointments; to undertake consultancy in the areas or disciplines relating to the institute; etc.
- The Bill proposes that this Institute shall be open for all persons, irrespective of caste, creed, class, race, sex and religion.
- The President of India shall be a Visitor of the Institute and shall appoint one or more persons to review the work and progress of the work at the Institute and also conduct inquiries. Upon receiving a report of the inquiries the Visitor may take necessary action and Institute shall be bound to comply with the directions issued.
- The authorities of the Institute shall include; (a) Board of Governors; (b) Senate; and (c) other authorities that may be declared by the Statutes. The Board of Governors shall be responsible for the general superintendence, direction, and control of the affairs of the Institute. It shall also exercise all the powers of the Institute not otherwise provided for by this Act, Statutes, or Ordinances. It shall also review the acts of the Senate. The Senate shall be the principal academic body of the Institute and shall control over the maintenance of standards of education, teaching, and training, inter-departmental coordination, research, examinations and tests within the Institute.
- According to the Bill, the Central Government shall pay to the Institute in each financial year a certain sum of money that it thinks appropriate to enable the Institute to discharge of its functions efficiently.
- The Institute shall maintain proper accounts of its expenses which shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
- The Director of the Institute is appointed by the Visitor. All other appointments to the Institute shall be made in accordance with the procedures laid down in the Statutes.
- Any dispute arising out of a contract between the Institute and any of its employees shall be referred to the Tribunal of Arbitration which shall consist of one member appointed by the Institute, one nominated by the employee, and an umpire appointed by the Visitor.
- The Indian Institute of Information Technology, design and manufacturing, Kancheepuram Ordinance, 2011, passed on June 20th, 2011 shall be repealed and replaced by this Act.
|Current Status: Lapsed|
|Introduction||Aug 05, 2011|
|Lok Sabha||Aug 25, 2011|